Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Gunicorn uses GitHub for the project management. GitHub issues are used for 3 different purposes:
Because of these different usages, a high level of organization is needed.
If an issue is reporting a bug within Gunicorn, it goes in the "Bug tracker" category. If it is a question, an unidentified problem, an idea, a proposition, an enhancement, or anything else, it goes in the "Forum" category. Finally issue that are clearly discussion between contributors about features of Gunicorn, or the ones which derive to a discussion, goes in the "Mailing list" category.
Here are some general rules about Gunicorn project management:
- @benoitc has the last word.
- If at least 2 core-team members agree that a PR/issue is a wontfix, it can be closed.
- If a majority of people participating to a the discussion agree that's a wontfix, one core-team member is enough to close it.
- If an issue is at least 2 months old and nobody answered after 1 month, one core-team member is allowed to close it.
- Issues that have been been identified to be upstream issues can be closed by one core-team member. The important ones would still be kept open to allow following their progress on Gunicorn side.