The Bitnami Library for Kubernetes
$ helm repo add bitnami https://charts.bitnami.com/bitnami $ helm search repo bitnami $ helm install my-release bitnami/<chart>
Before you begin
- Kubernetes 1.12+
- Helm 3.1.0
Setup a Kubernetes Cluster
The quickest way to setup a Kubernetes cluster to install Bitnami Charts is following the "Bitnami Get Started" guides for the different services:
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using VMware Enterprise PKS
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using VMware Tanzu Mission Control
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using the Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using the Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS)
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using the Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Get Started with Bitnami Charts using the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS)
For setting up Kubernetes on other cloud platforms or bare-metal servers refer to the Kubernetes getting started guide.
Helm is a tool for managing Kubernetes charts. Charts are packages of pre-configured Kubernetes resources.
To install Helm, refer to the Helm install guide and ensure that the
helm binary is in the
PATH of your shell.
The following command allows you to download and install all the charts from this repository:
$ helm repo add bitnami https://charts.bitnami.com/bitnami
Once you have installed the Helm client, you can deploy a Bitnami Helm Chart into a Kubernetes cluster.
Please refer to the Quick Start guide if you wish to get running in just a few commands, otherwise the Using Helm Guide provides detailed instructions on how to use the Helm client to manage packages on your Kubernetes cluster.
Useful Helm Client Commands:
- View available charts:
helm search repo
- Install a chart:
helm install my-release bitnami/<package-name>
- Upgrade your application:
Copyright (c) 2015-2021 Bitnami
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.