A curated list of Awesome Userscripts.
User scripts can improve your browsing experience, and open a lot of possibilities to make the sites you visit better by adding features, making them easier to use, or taking out the annoying bits.
- How to use
- Additional Catalogues
How to use
To use user scripts you need to first install a user script manager. Here are the most popular managers:
- Greasemonkey - Firefox
- Tampermonkey - Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Firefox (also with support for mobile Dolphin Browser and UC Browser)
There's no focused plugins to get Userscripts running on Internet Explorer, but the Adguard extension provide this feature.
- AntiAdware - Remove forced download accelerators, managers, and adware on supported websites.
- Bypass Ads - Bypass Ads, Popups and count-down ads.
- Direct links out - Removes all "You are leaving our site" and redirection stuff from links.
- Google Images direct link - Adds direct links to images and pages in google image search.
- Google Translate Keyboard Shortcut - Adds keyboard shortcut for quick swapping between active languages.
- Linkify Plus Plus - Turn plain text URLs into links.
- Mouseover Popup Image Viewer - Shows images and videos behind links and thumbnails.
- Select text inside a link like Opera - Disable link dragging and select text.
- Show and reload broken images - Show and reload broken images, even when it contains "alt" tag.
- Show Password onMouseOver - Show password when mouseover on password field.
- URL Shortener Unshortener - Adds small button next to shortened URLs that will replace the shortened URLs with their real locations and vice-versa. Useful for when you don't want to blindly click links.
- Github Reply Comments - Easy reply to Github comments.
- GitHub Commit Whitespace - Adds button to hide whitespace diffs from commits.
- Github Commit Diff - Adds button to show diff (or patch) file for commit.
- GitHub Monospace Editor - Provide MonoSpace font on GitHub textareas.
- GitHub PR Approvals - Require approvals in GitHub PRs before merging is allowed.
- GitHub User Info - Show user information on avatar hover.
- GitHub Image Viewer - Preview images from within the file listing.
- GitHub Dark Script - Apply the GitHub-Dark style to the site.
- GitHub monospace font toggle - Add a monospace font toggle to comments.
- GitHub Diff File Toggle - Add a toggle to each diff file (shift-click toggles all files).
- GitHub Toggle Code Wrap - Toggle code wrapping in files.
- GitHub Custom Emojis - Add custom emojis anywhere on GitHub.
- GitHub Make Tooltips - Convert all titles into GitHub tooltips.
- GitHub code colors - Add a color swatch preview to code.
- GitHub code folding - Add code folding to files.
- GitHub code guides - Add code guides to files and diffs.
- GitHub code show whitespace - Show whitespace (spaces/tabs/carriage returns) in files.
- GitHub collapse in comment - Toggle long code blocks in comments.
- GitHub collapse markdown - Togle markdown headers.
- GitHub custom hotkeys - Add your own custom hotkeys to all of GitHub.
- GitHub custom navigation - Add a custom navigation bar to link anywhere.
- GitHub diff files filter - Add a file type filter to diffs.
- GitHub diff links - Add next and previous buttons to each diff file.
- GitHub font preview - Preview OTF, TTF and WOFF font files.
- GitHub image preview - Add an image preview mode.
- GitHub indent comments - Use the tab key in comments.
- GitHub issue comments - Toggle the view of some issue comments and timeline entries.
- GitHub issue counts - Show the number of issues in repository view.
- GitHub issue highlighter - Highlight the linked issue.
- GitHub label color picker - Add an extensive color picker to the label editor.
- GitHub remove diff signs - Remove diff signs from file diffs.
- GitHub rtl comments - Add right-to-left indicators in comments.
- GitHub search autocomplete - Add a search filter autocomplete to all of GitHub.
- GitHub sort content - Sort lists and tables on GitHub.
- GitHub static time - Convert time ago into a time format of your choice.
- GitHub table of contents - Show a TOC window for Readme and wiki pages.
- GitHub title notification - Add a notification indicator to browser tabs.
- GitHub toggle expanders - Expand or collapse all commit titles.
- GitHub toggle wiki sidebar - Toggle wiki sidebar view.
- Gist to dabblet - Add a Dabblet link to Gists saved from Dabblet.
- Github News Feed Filter - Add filters for Github homepage news feed items.
- Github Pull Request From Link - Make pull request branches linkable.
- Github Pages Linker - Add a link to Github Pages (gh-pages) when available.
- Remove Google Click Tracking - Removes Google's click-tracking from result links.
- YouTube Link Title - Adds video titles, shows previews and embeds on click. Also supported: Vimeo, LiveLeak, Dailymotion, vidme, WorldStarHipHop, Vine, Coub, Streamable.
- YouTube Plus - YouTube Plus contains all kind of different useful functions which makes your visit on YouTube much more entertaining.
- YouTube Subtitle Download - Adds links to download video subtitles.
- Greasemonkey Hacks - Complete wiki book on Userscripts.
- Greasemonkey Tutorial for Beginners - How to create simple Userscripts and installing it using Greasemonkey.
- Video - GreaseMonkey Userscript Development
- UserScripts Mirror - Mirror of the original Userscripts.org repository (that is currently down).
- Greasy Fork
Contributions are very welcome!
Please have a look at CONTRIBUTING for guidelines.
To the extent possible under law, Bruno Candido Volpato da Cunha has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.