- Docker: Create a single container.
- Docker Compose: Manager and Orchestrate multiple containers on a single host.
- Docker Machine: Create and manage VMs running docker daemon.
- Docker Swarm: A Cluster of docker nodes.
- Docker Stack: Deploy, Manage, and Orchestrate multiple containers on a swarm cluster.
Running the app on a single host using docker-compose
$ docker-compose up
$ curl http://localhost:8080/ 3f741654cee0: Welcome! Please hit the `/qod` API to get the quote of the day. $ curl http://localhost:8080/qod 3f741654cee0: If I work as hard as I can, I wonder how much I can do in a day?
Running the app on a swarm cluster using docker-stack
Read the tutorial: Container Orchestration with Docker Machine, Docker Stack, and Swarm