It's better to start CatBoost exploring from this basic tutorials.
- Python Tutorial
- This tutorial shows some base cases of using CatBoost, such as model training, cross-validation and predicting, as well as some useful features like early stopping, snapshot support, feature importances and parameters tuning.
- Python Tutorial with task
- There are 17 questions in this tutorial. Try answering all of them, this will help you to learn how to use the library.
- R Tutorial
- This tutorial shows how to convert your data to CatBoost Pool, how to train a model and how to make cross validation and parameter tunning.
- Command Line Tutorial
- This tutorial shows how to train and apply model with the command line tool.
- Classification Tutorial
- Here is an example for CatBoost to solve binary classification and multi-classification problems.
- Ranking Tutorial
- CatBoost is learning to rank on Microsoft dataset (msrank).
- Feature selection Tutorial
- This tutorial shows how to make feature evaluation with CatBoost and explore learning rate.
- This tutorial shows how to evaluate importances of the train objects for test objects. And with using of importance scores detect noisy train objects.
- This tutorial shows how to use SHAP python-package to get and visualize feature importances.
- Custom Metrics Tutorial
- This tutorial shows how to add custom per-object metrics.
- Explore this tutorial to learn how to convert CatBoost model to CoreML format and use it on any iOS device.
- Catboost model could be saved as standalone C++ code.
- Catboost model could be saved as standalone Python code.
- Catboost model could be saved in JSON format and applied.
- CatBoost on Google Colaboratory
- Learn how to run CatBoost on CPU and GPU on Google Colaboratory and why GPU is the best choice.
- This tutorial shows how to get to a 9th place on Kaggle Paribas competition with only few lines of code and training a CatBoost model.
- This is an actual 7th place solution by Mikhail Pershin. Solution is very simple and is based on CatBoost.
- This tutorial shows how to use CatBoost together with TensorFlow on Kaggle Quora Question Pairs competition if you have text as input data.
- Tutorial from PyData Moscow, October 13, 2018.
- Tutorial from PyData New York, October 19, 2018.
- Tutorial from PyData Los Angeles, October 21, 2018.
Tutorials on Russian
- Find tutorials on Russian language on the separate page.