Showcase of GitHub repos with Pokémon names.
- Scrape a list of all pokémons.
- Use GitHub API and search for every pokémon name.
- Get a matching repository name with highest number of stars.
💥 💥 💥
The showcase only list repositories with these criteria:
- Repository name matches exactly the same as Pokémon name.
- Most stars. If there are few repositories with the same name, the one with most stars will be listed.
- Contains description, because... it has to be descriptive.
lang, the repository language determined by GitHub.
npm i- install dependencies
npm run pokemon- grab the pokémons
npm run repokemon- grab the Github repos
.env, configure it with Client ID and Client Secret from GitHub
- Takes about 30 minutes to prevent API rate limit issues
npm run gemoji- replace emoji names like
npm run min-repokemon- generate a minified version of
data/repokemon.json, containing only the data that is rendered
npm run stats- show stats of the collected data
npm run images- download all pokémon images to
data/images(not included in this repo)
npm run sprite- generate a sprite image
data/pokemon-*.jpg(compressed with TinyJPG API)
npm run css-min- compress
npm start- start a local server at
Pokémon data and images are extracted from the official Pokédex web site. All Pokémon content is © Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokémon Company.
Repokémon is not affiliated with GitHub, Nintendo, Game Freak, or The Pokémon Company in any way.
The logo uses the Pokémon font.
The (Poké Ball) logo is created by @limhenry. Available on Codepen.