Showcase of GitHub repos with Pokémon names.
Story: Building Repokémon
- Scrape a list of all pokémons.
- Use GitHub API and search for every pokémon name.
- Get a matching repository name with highest number of stars.
💥 💥 💥
The showcase only list repositories with these criteria:
- Repository name matches exactly the same as Pokémon name.
- Most stars. If there are few repositories with the same name, the one with most stars will be listed.
- Contains description, because... it has to be descriptive.
lang, the repository language determined by GitHub.
yarn- install dependencies
yarn run pokemon- grab the pokémons
yarn run repokemon- grab the Github repos
config.json, configure it with
- Takes about 30 minutes to prevent API rate limit issues
yarn run min-repokemon- generate a minified version of
data/repokemon.json, containing only the data that is rendered
yarn run stats- show stats of the collected data
yarn run images- download all pokémon images to
data/images(not included in this repo)
yarn run sprite- generate a sprite image
data/pokemon-*.jpg(compressed with TinyJPG API)
yarn run css-min- compress
yarn run server- start a local server at
Pokémon data and images are extracted from the official Pokédex web site. All Pokémon content is © Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokémon Company.
Repokémon is not affiliated with GitHub, Nintendo, Game Freak, or The Pokémon Company in any way.