Cloud Foundry CLI
The official command line client for Cloud Foundry.
CF CLI Binary Download Server's uptime:
Once installed, you can log in and push an app. There are now two supported versions of the cf CLI:
- The v7 cf CLI is backed by the v3 CC API (with the exception of plugins which will be migrated in the next major release). See our v7 documentation for more information.
- The v6 cf CLI is backed by the v2 CC API See our v6 documentation for more information.
View our CLI v6 & v7 Versioning and Support Policy documentation.
If you have any questions, ask away on the #cli channel in our Slack
community and the
mailing list, or open a GitHub issue.
You can follow our development progress on Core CF CLI Pivotal Tracker.
Contributing & Build Instructions
Please read the contributors' guide
If you'd like to submit updated translations, please see the i18n README for instructions on how to submit an update.
Check out our community contributed CLI plugins to further enhance your CLI experience.
- On Windows in Cygwin and Git Bash, interactive password prompts (in
cf login) do not hide the password properly from stdout (issue #1835). Please use an alternative command (non-interactive authentication
cf authinstead of
cf login) to work around this. Or, use the Windows
- On Windows,
cf sshmay not display correctly if the
TERMis not set. We've found that setting
msysfixes some of these issues.
- On Windows,
cf sshwill hang when run from the MINGW32 or MINGW64 shell. A workaround is to use PowerShell instead.
- CF CLI/GoLang do not use OpenSSL. Custom/Self Signed Certificates need to be installed in specific locations in order to
- API tracing to terminal (using
cf config --trace) doesn't work well with some CLI plugin commands. Trace to file works fine. On Linux,
CF_TRACE=/dev/stdoutworks too. See this Diego-Enabler plugin issue for more information.
- .cfignore used in
cf pushmust be in UTF-8 encoding for CLI to interpret correctly. (issue #281)
- On Linux, when encountering message "bash: .cf: No such file or directory", ensure that you're using the correct binary or installer for your architecture.
Filing Issues & Feature Requests
First, update to the latest cli and try the command again.
If the error remains or feature still missing, check the open issues and if not already raised please file a new issue with the requested details.
The CF CLI supports external code execution via the plugins API. For more information follow:
When importing the plugin code use
Older plugins that import
github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/plugin will still work
as long they vendor the plugins directory.