CodeFriends is a collaborative programming environment in your browser. Work with others in real time over text or video chat, clone in repos from Github, and see the changes instantly when a collaborator edits the project.
- Project Lead and Back End Engineer: Jorge Silva
- Back End and Database Engineer: Chase Ellsworth
- Front End Lead and Scrum Master: Catherine Bui
- Full Stack Developer: Doug Phung
Table of Contents
- Login with Github or create an account.
- Clone a repo, use a template, or create a project from scratch.
- Invite collaborators with their Github username and start collaborating!
Install mysql and RethinkDB
brew install mysql rethinkdb
Install mocha and gulp
npm install -g mocha gulp nodemon
Install all packages and bower components
npm install bower install
Compile frontend assets
Once you startup MySQL and RethinkDB, you're now ready to start the app. Please make sure both databases are running before starting the app.
Running for development (using nodemon):
npm run dev
Running on production (using forever):
See CONTRIBUTING.md for contribution guidelines.
MIT License 2014