Docker Atlassian Confluence Data Center
Start an Atlassian Confluence Data Center with Docker for local testing during plugin development.
It starts a PostgreSQL Database, several Confluence cluster nodes and Apache2 HTTPD as sticky session loadbalancer. The shared confluence-home is handled via a shared Docker volume. This is not meant to be used in production! The cluster is designed to not be persistent, meaning, once you shut it down, all data is lost. See it as the Data Center version of
Please choose the Confluence version you want to run:
- We do not provide support. If you have questions on how to run Confluence and/or Confluence Data Center, please ask in the Atlassian Community.
Running the Confluence Data Center Plugin Validator
If the cluster is finally started up, you can run the Confluence Data Center Plugin Validator.
But before you do, please verify:
- (1) Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) is up to date
- (2) All Cluster Nodes are active
- (3) Your plugin is installed successfully
Now connect to one of the cluster nodes via:
docker exec -i -t confluence-cluster-612-node1 bash
Now inside the container run
cd /work # download curl -jkSL -o /work/cdc-plugin-validator-1.0.0.jar \ https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/files/29466176/29525066/1/1407451934928/cdc-plugin-validator-1.0.0.jar # exec validator java -jar cdc-plugin-validator-1.0.0.jar \ -installation /confluence/atlassian-confluence-latest \ -dbuser confluence -dbpassword confluence \ -dburl jdbc:postgresql://confluence-cluster-612-db:5432/confluence \ -dbdriver org.postgresql.Driver \ -dbfile /confluence/atlassian-confluence-latest/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar
You should get an output for your Plugin. For one of my Plugins the output looks like so:
... Summary: ======== PASS: ./plugins/fr.spectrumgroupe.confluence.plugins.formatting.macros--plugin.8952733569564445853.formatting.macros-1.0.13.jar.report PASS: ./plugins/com.atlassian.support.stp--stp-3.10.4.jar.report PASS: ./plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin--plugin.1480744321619799648.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.22.2.jar.report PASS: ./plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-healthcheck-plugin--confluence-healthcheck-plugin-2.4.1.jar.report PASS: ./plugins/confluencemavenreleaseinfomacro--plugin_6773597919257421869_confluence-maven-release-info-macro-1.5.2.jar.report
Now you can inspect the reports for further information.
Trademarks and Third Party Licenses
- Atlassian Confluence
- Oracle Java JDK
- Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Docker, Inc. and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
- PostgreSQL is a registered trademark of the PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada.
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
- macOS®, Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.