Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
This page is a resource listing current, actively maintained PHP frameworks. If you are looking for more general information about the different types of PHP frameworks available, then you should look at PHP The Right Way: Frameworks.
Frameworks will be listed as "Legacy" when they are outside the range of the three most recent stable PHP versions, currently PHP 5.5 to PHP 7.0.
Do you want to add your framework to this list? Please make sure it meets our ragtag list of requirements first.
- Drupal Framework
- Flow/Neos [aka TYPO3 Flow aka FLOW3]
- Joomla Framework
- Nette Framework
- Zend Framework
- Blink Framework
- Fat-Free (F3)
You can see a more complete list - including more historical entries - on the two websites below:
- The framework must be considered "active"
- The framework must have a stable version released
- The latest stable version must be within the last 18 months
- The framework needs to be within the last three stable versions of PHP (i.e., now 7.0 is stable, no 5.4 frameworks are allowed)
- The framework needs 500 or more people watching it on GitHub or BitBucket
- The framework must have a website, with documentation
An optional rule is that any framework part of the PHP-FIG will automatically be put onto the list.
We will police this list now and then to make sure new listings meet the requirements, and to make sure projects have not expired. If a project gets marked as inactive then we'll remove it.