various version control system management abstraction layer for python.
vcs is abstraction layer over various version control systems. It is
designed as feature-rich Python library with clean API.
vcs uses Semantic Versioning
- Common API for SCM backends
- Fetching repositories data lazily
- Simple caching mechanism so we don't hit repo too often
- Simple commit api
- Smart and powerfull in memory changesets
- Working directory support
Online documentation for development version is available at http://packages.python.org/vcs/.
You may also build documentation for yourself - go into
docs/ and run: