Ruby/Rails Quickstart with Codeship Pro
Michael Hartl's Rails Tutorial example configured for testing on Codeship Pro
- Boot up app on local machine with Docker Compose --
- Hop over to http://localhost:3000/ to confirm that app is up and running via Docker Compose
- Shut down app with
- Now run a Codeship Pro build on your local machine with our CLI tool. Install, then run
jet steps process will follow instructions of
codeship-steps.yml, building/pulling Docker images as needed then proceeding to spin up a Docker container for each step, executing its command in isolation. If you wish for work to persist between steps/containers, then consider setting up Docker volumes on your
- Initialize as a new git repo --
rm -rf .git && git init && git add . && git commit -m 'first commit'
- Create new repository on your SCM of choice (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket) and push commit
- Sign up for a free Codeship Pro account
- Once signed in, follow prompts to set up a Codeship Pro project
- Commit a change to your repo and watch as a Codeship Pro build is triggered!