InstapaperBookmarklet is a Chrome and Safari extension to run Instapaper's read later bookmarklet.
If you like to hide bookmarks bar while want quick access to Instapaper bookmarklet, this extension is designed for you.
Why not use other extensions?
In my experience, the bookmarklet works better than other send to Instapaper extensions. (e.g. handles article title better, works on Google Reader.)
Add a button in the toolbar,
- Single click: run Instapaper bookmarklet on current page
- If current page has no URL, open Instapaper unread page
- Double click: open Instapaper unread page in new tab
Chrome: install from Chrome Web Store, follow the instructions in the options page.
- Download and install
- Open Instapaper extras page (make sure you have logged in)
- Right click on the bookmarklet and copy link address
- Paste link address into InstapaperBookmarklet's settings (location: Safari ->Preferences -> Extensions)
The extension needs to inject the bookmarklet into your open page to execute, that's why it asks for the permission to access your data on all websites.
For Safari: immediately after installation, the button will only work on new open page.
I originally developed the Safari extension. The Chrome extension is developed after I switched to Chrome.
The idea of double click to open unread page and the implementation trick comes from Jamie, who provides a similar extension for Chrome. But it's not updated since Sept. 2010 and does not work for me. So I created this new one, using Chrome's new event page which should save resource usage.