An experimental pattern generator for automated live visuals performance. Look ma, no hands.
Lazycoder is a small experimental Node application that generates completely original randomised Cyril live code patterns, and edits them automatically on the fly.
Currently this is OSX only, as Cyril is OSX only. As and when it gets ported, this should ideally still work...
- Download Cyril
- Install Node if you haven't already
npm linkfrom inside the project directory to make the lazycoder command available system-wide
- If this has worked, running
lazycoder versionshould display the application version number
- That's it!
- Start up Cyril, and ensure the first frame is running. To do this, it
cmd-1to select the first frame, and
cmd-rto run the code in that frame. This frame will stay updated as Lazycoder runs.
- You can hide the code/frame display in Cyril by hitting
cmd-a, and hit
cmd-fto go full screen.
- Lazycoder commands are executed from the same directory level as the Cyril application (i.e. next to the Cyril app)
- To create a single new pattern, run
lazycoder once. This is handy for testing.
- To run the full looping cycle, do
lazycoder start. This will generate a new pattern, and then continually edit it's parameters over time until one of a few thresholds is reached, at which point a new pattern may be generated.
- To stop the loop, kill the process or do
This prototype is released under the Do What The Fuck You Want public license, see LICENSE.md for details.