Kernel module for packet generator and packet receiver with statistics. Source based from Linux Kernel pktgen 3.11.0
To compile the headers of the running kernel are required.
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
Current version for kernel 3.11.0. It uses netfilter hooks to process incomming packets.
To compile and load the module:
it is necessary to map each interrupt with a different core. You can use [eth-affinity] (https://github.com/jelaas/eth-affinity) to set up automaticaly.
to start the receiver, you need to be root
echo rx eth1 > /proc/net/pktgen/pgrx
Some options for the receiver:
- rx [device] to enable the receiver part for a specific device. If it is wrong, all the devices are used. (all versions)
- rx_reset: to reset the counters
- rx_disable: to disable the receiver
- display [human or script]
- statistics [counter, basic, or time]
to read the results
and change output format:
echo display script > /proc/net/pktgen/pgrx
examples for transmitting can be found at the examples folder. For more details look at the pktgen documetation in the linux kernel Documentation/networking/pktgen.txt
More information can be found at http://people.kth.se/~danieltt/pktgen