A simple countdown timer command for Alfred.app that uses Mountain Lion User Notifications.
The extension is described in closer detail on my blog.
- Helps you make great tea.
- Solves your Pomodoro needs.
- Uses Mountain Lion's User Notifications to tell you when time's up.
- Plays a non-intrusive alarm sound.
- Allows you to run multiple timers at the same time.
- Allows you to add an optional label to the timer, e.g. "Laundry is done!". Thanks to Alexander Lehmann for the suggestion.
- Shows you how to write Alfred extensions in Python.
Depending on whether you're running Alfred 1 or Alfred 2 you need different versions of the extension. Please also note that this extension / workflow requires OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) or greater to work.
- Download Timer.alfredworkflow
Timer.alfredworkflowto install the extension.
- Download Timer.alfredextension
Timer.alfredextensionto install the extension.
- The general syntax is
timer [minutes] [optional:title]
timer 5sets a countdown timer that goes off after 5 minutes.
timer 0.5sets a timer that goes off after 30 seconds.
timer 40 Laundry is done!adds an optional title to the timer.
timerdisplays usage information.
Distributed under the MIT license. See
LICENSE.txt for more information.