Dynamic button plugin for Sketch.app
Dynamic button plug-in for Sketch.app allows to create buttons with fixed paddings no matter what text you add.
[SOON] Version 2.0
- [add] Some new attractive features
- [add] Supports Sketch 3.2
- [add] Now you can select multiple layers to convert them to buttons / update them at once
- [add] Support Sketch >= 3.0.2
- [add] Now you can use CSS shorthands (10:10, 10:10:10, 10:10:10:10)
- [add] Feedback messages ('nothing selected', 'wrong format')
Thanks IngoValente for CSS shorthands and all other users for appreciation.
- Download Dynamyc button.sketchplugin.
- Double-click the file inside download folder. Sketch should open automatically and tell you that a new plugin was installed.
You can firstly create a structure (like on the image bellow) manually and then use plug-in. Or create text layer and then make a structure automatically using shortcut
Cmd + J. After you can see a group "flexible button" with text layer (0:0:0:0) and background ('BG').
0:0:0:0 are padings. The syntax is like CSS paddings.
For e.g. padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px (padding: top right bottom left) 10:20:10:20 (top:right:bottom:left)
Make the paddings you need (in text layer name), select text layer and press
Cmd + J.
That's it! You create your dynamic button. Now you can change text and press
Cmd + J. Button will change automatically.
Changing the Default Keyboard Shortcut
Open Sketch's plugins folder. You can do it by choosing custom script from the Plugins menu, then click the gear icon and choose "Open Plugins Folder".
Open the file "Dynamic Button.sketchplugin" in text editor.
The shortcut is on the first line:
// just a comment (cmd j)