Dynamic button plugin for Sketch.app
Dynamic button plug-in for Sketch.app allows to create buttons with fixed paddings no matter what text you add.
[SOON] Version 2.0
- [add] Some new attractive features
- [add] Supports Sketch 3.2
- [add] Now you can select multiple layers to convert them to buttons / update them at once
- [add] Support Sketch >= 3.0.2
- [add] Now you can use CSS shorthands (10:10, 10:10:10, 10:10:10:10)
- [add] Feedback messages ('nothing selected', 'wrong format')
Thanks IngoValente for CSS shorthands and all other users for appreciation.
- Download Dynamyc button.sketchplugin.
- Double-click the file inside download folder. Sketch should open automatically and tell you that a new plugin was installed.
You should see the Dynamic button entry under the Plugins menu.
You can firstly create a structure (like on the image bellow) manually and then use plug-in. Or create text layer and then make a structure automatically using shortcut
Cmd + J. After you can see a group "flexible button" with text layer (0:0:0:0) and background ('BG').
0:0:0:0 are padings. The syntax is like CSS paddings.
For e.g. padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px (padding: top right bottom left) 10:20:10:20 (top:right:bottom:left)
Make the paddings you need (in text layer name), select text layer and press
Cmd + J.
That's it! You create your dynamic button. Now you can change text and press
Cmd + J. Button will change automatically.
Changing the Default Keyboard Shortcut
- Open Sketch's plugins folder. You can do it by choosing custom script from the Plugins menu, then click the gear icon and choose "Open Plugins Folder".
- Open the file "Dynamic Button.sketchplugin" in text editor.
The shortcut is on the first line:
// just a comment (cmd j)