Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Provides better image quality when downscaling.
Go to settings > scaling and choose a filter (
bicubic should be fine)
Use QGraphicsScene for image rendering.
- no longer uses an obscene amounts of ram when upscaling an image
- upscaling large images should be quicker (uses cheap scale via graphicsscene)
- allows < 1.0x zoom
- no zoom limit (well, it's x100) #153
- should produce less visible flicker when zooming
- option to use opengl in graphicsview (off by default, faster scaling but otherwise its pretty bad)
- [FolderView] You can now edit / remove files right from folder view.
- [FolderView] Scroll animations for keyboard navigation.
- [Thumbnailer] Files are now stored as
png. This fixes transparency in folder view.
- [Panel] Scrollbar indicator.
- [Viewer] Configurable zoom step.
- [Viewer] Added another way to zoom: hold RMB and scroll.
- [Viewer] Added
- Added jpeg save quality option.
- Changed some default settings.
- Updated theme & icons.
- Several bug fixes related to file operations.
- Minor visual fixes.
- Keyboard input fixes. All your keys should now work, including symbols accessible through
- Added an alternate input handling for other OSes like macOS / haiku / *bsd etc. Default input uses a Qt feature that is unsupported there yet.
- Removed max zoom option.
- [windows] Do not track subfolders.
- [Thumbnailer] Fix for video files with
%in file path.
- [FolderView] Thumbnails are now always uncropped.
- [FolderView] Fixes for mouse scrolling.
- Fix some keyboard focus issues.
- File format detection fixes.
- Crash fixes.
Note: minimum required
cmake version is now 3.13
Note 2: builds updated. Re-download if you have issues opening non-english filenames.
Added volume control actions:
Added mute button
showDirectoryaction & context menu entry. Opens current dir in the default file manager.
Configurable text color for fullscreen info bar
Off-screen thumbnails are now unloaded to save memory
Fixed file format detection issues
Fixed overlays sometimes losing keyboard focus
Fixed moving files (regression)
Fixed notification not being shown on file copy / move
Fixed some temporary files not being removed on windows
Fixed crash on indexed
Fixed possible crash when renaming a file
Images are now being saved through a temporary file in case something goes wrong
Fixed incorrect shortcuts for
frameStepBack(they were switched around)
NOTE: builds reuploaded with a crash fix
- Dramatically improved startup speed.
Core & MainWindow init (worst case scenario - windows, 5200rpm hdd):
While this wasn't as much of a problem on linux, you will still see a noticeable difference.
This was achieved by using lazy initialization of many ui elements, as well as avoiding some less optimized Qt classes.
- Added some missing hidpi icons
- Crop: change behavior to match older versions
- VideoControls: fix overlapping with panel
- FolderView: scrollbar is now easier to hit while in fullscreen
- Fix opening videos without correct mime type
- fix rename window (regression)
- show error when a file operation fails
- [windows] fix white window flicker at startup
- [windows] fix moving/deleting animated media
- triggerScalingFilter action
- Support drag'n'dropping out of qimgv
- Save maximized window state
- CMake fixes (VIDEO_SUPPORT option working incorrectly)
- Some unicode fixes on windows
- Fix lag during sorting mode switch
- Fix icon grid behavior when a lot of files are being added/modified from outside
- Fix clipboard file copying (via ctrl+c)
- Load files with incorrect file extensions (when opened directly)
Qt 5.12.4. Both 32-bit and 64-bit builds. Just archives for now, installer coming sometime later.
Haven't tested it much, expect bugs!
Downloads below. Click 'Assets' if thery are not visible.