There are many pieces that together create the Ember API docs site:
- The app in this repository, which fetches and displays the API docs data. It is what you see at https://emberjs.com/api
- The YUIdoc code comments found in the Ember.js codebase, where the informational content of the API documentation can be edited
- The data generator that serializes code comments into JSONAPI and deploys the result, ember-jsonapi-docs
- ember-styleguide, a component and styling library shared across apps.
- algolia-index-update-scripts for managing the search feature of the api docs site
New contributors are welcome! This project is is maintained by an all-volunteer team, and we are thankful for your help.
The best way to get started is to find issue labeled "good first issue" or "help wanted." If you have questions or want a buddy to pair with, drop by the #-team-learning channel on the Ember Community Slack. Like most open source projects, contributors are encouraged to open an issue to propose changes and iterate on ideas before investing time in coding. Some tips for working with git/GitHub can be found in Making your first pull request in the Guides respository.
Please also see CONTRIBUTING.md.
Quickstart to run semi-locally
Follow these instructions to run the app using publically available online data. You do not need to run ember-jsonapi-docs locally yourself.
git clone https://github.com/ember-learn/ember-api-docs.git cd ember-api-docs yarn install bower install ember serve
View at http://localhost:4200
To run a11y tests, run
test_a11y=yes ember serve
Latest changes from master can be seen on https://ember-api-docs-frontend-staging.global.ssl.fastly.net/
Cross-browser testing provided by: