Script to quickly switch between source code branches or ramp-up a new development environment, resulting in a live functioning application workstation. (Best used with a centralized vcs (svn) versus distributed versions (i.e., git or mercurial) that already provide quick branch management functionality)
- Installed Developer IDE.
- Installed application servers.
- Installed source code control client (i.e., svn)
- Fetch latest source code per configured branch (Usually HEAD development)
- Update configuration files for application servers based upon target environment: Dev, Test, etc.
- Build the source.
- Test the deliverables.
- Deploy locally the application(s).
- Start servers.