YASnip, Yet Another Snip
This repository is intended as my attempt to accomplish Snip from Nikhil's Article. The pastebin-like idea is still the same:
- You visit http://localhost:3000/add
- Post the snippet, and choose the language
- Get a unique URL http://localhost/id
Here, nerve is replaced with express and redis-node-client is replaced with node_redis.
Make sure pygmentize is available in your PATH. Install dependencies in package.json:
redis-server and then run YASnip:
- Show line number from pygmentize
- Save creation datetime
- Index page should list newest/popular snips. Require creation datetime to be saved (see above)
- Use hash to store snip and its attributes. Use HMSET and HMGET to set and retrieve the hash
- Copy/duplicate snip feature
- Use config module to evaluate running env
- Once config is used, app specific feature can be toggled and/or configured in config.js module. Things like comment provision (Disqus, FB Comment, etc), switch from pygmentize command-line to http://pygments.appspot.com/, etc
- Content negoitation requesting
- YASnip API. References:
- YASnip clients. References:
LICENSE - "MIT License"
Copyright (c) 2012 Akeda Bagus email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.