Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
- Source Code
- Development Version
The source code for the latest get_iplayer release can be downloaded as a tarball or zip archive from:
get_iplayer runs on Linux/BSD (numerous distros supported), macOS (10.10+) and Windows (7/8/10 - XP/Vista not supported).
- Perl 5.10.1+ is required
Perl modules (with dependencies) required for get_iplayer:
- JSON::PP - JSON parsing
- LWP - HTTP access to BBC servers
- LWP::Protocol::https - HTTPS support for LWP
- Mojolicious - Web toolkit
- XML::Simple - Extraction of XML programme metadata
- XML::LibXML - HTML parsing for page scraping
Users of Perl 5.22 and higher must install the CGI module separately to use the Web PVR Manager.
get_iplayer employs external programs to download some streams and manipulate media files:
- AtomicParsley - Metadata tagging for MP4 and M4A files.
- ffmpeg - Converts DASH audio/video, MPEG-TS, FLV files to MP4 and M4A.
Details of how external programs are used can be found here.