- jquery plugin for filtering table rows
This plugin is very light-weight (please look at the source). I consider it finished, and have no plans to add any features. It works quickly for small data sets without consuming any extra memory (that would be needed for faster filtering).
- I have used the DataTables plugin when I have greater table needs.
- I recently saw this fancy tablequeryjs filter plugin.
- There is a List.js plugin
click Download link at bottom of: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/uiTableFilter
That link seems to be broken now. You can simply download the latest code from github
author and license
copyright Greg Weber. MIT licensed.
http://silverwareconsulting.com/index.cfm/2008/10/2/jquery-autofiltering-table this is a nice example that ties this plugin with the tablesorter plugin
var t = $('table') $.uiTableFilter( t, phrase )
* jQuery object containing table rows * phrase to search for - If the phrase contains spaces it will be broken up into separate words that must all match a row
optional arguments: $.uiTableFilter( t, phrase, column, ifHidden )
* column to limit search too (the column title in the table header) * ifHidden - callback to execute if one or more elements was hidden
- expects a thead and tbody element