Recursive Serialization for Django REST framework
This package provides a
RecursiveField that enables you to serialize a tree,
linked list, or even a directed acyclic graph. Also supports validation,
deserialization, ModelSerializers, and multi-step recursive structures.
from rest_framework import serializers from rest_framework_recursive.fields import RecursiveField class TreeSerializer(serializers.Serializer): name = serializers.CharField() children = serializers.ListField(child=RecursiveField())
see here for more usage examples
- Python (Tested on 2.7, 3.4)
- Django (Tested on 1.8, 1.9)
- Django REST Framework (Tested on 3.3)
$ pip install djangorestframework-recursive
- This is the first release to include release notes.
- Use inspect.signature when available. This avoids emitting deprecation warnings on Python 3.
- Updated CI versions. djangoreestframework-recursive is now tested against DRF 3.3-3.6, Python 2.7 and 3.6 and Django 1.8-1.11.
Install testing requirements.
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Run with runtests.
You can also use the excellent tox testing tool to run the tests against all supported versions of Python and Django. Install tox globally, and then simply run: