This repository contains demos used live during presentations or in blog posts; The following demos are currently available:
- core/Basic: simple comparison between JDBC, ORM, and JPA
- core/Fetching Strategies: "when" (laziness) and "how" (fetch style)
- core/Value Generation: annotations allowing in-memory and DB generated properties, both for INSERT and INSERT/UPDATE actions
- core/Multi-Tenancy: multiple, concurrent databases and clients from a single Hibernate instance
- core/Caching: entity second level cache (2LC) and query cache
- core/Envers: historical/audited data
- core/Spatial: geographical data
- osgi: tutorials demonstrating all possible ORM OSGi configurations
- hiking-demo: Demo project used for the talk "Hibernate OGM: Talking to NoSQL in Red Hat JBoss EAP" presented at Red Hat Summit 2014. It shows how to use MongoDB as data store in a Java EE application through JPA / Hibernate OGM.
- hsearch-with-elasticsearch: Shows how to use the Elasticsearch backend new in Hibernate Search 5.6. Used for the talk "From Hibernate to Elasticsearch in no Time" at JavaZone 2016.
- hsearch-elasticsearch-wikipedia: Demonstrates a REST service using Hibernate Search 5.8 + Elasticsearch 5 to search into extensive data from Wikipedia.
- threeten-extra-validator-example: Constraint validators for ThreeTen Extra date/time types. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/03/02/adding-custom-constraint-definitions-via-the-java-service-loader/
- time-duration-validator-example: Custom constraint and validator, retrieved via the service loader. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/03/02/adding-custom-constraint-definitions-via-the-java-service-loader/
- updating-hv-in-wildfly: How to upgrade WildFly 10 to the latest version of Hibernate Validator. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/04/04/testing-bean-validation-2-0-on-wildfly-10/
- javafx-validation-example: Shows usage of Bean Validation 2 with JavaFX
- custom-value-extractors: Shows how to put constraints to custom containers such as Guava's
Multimap. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2018/02/26/putting-bean-validation-constraints-to-multimaps/
- multi-release-jar-demo: Shows how to build multi-release JARs with Java 9. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/02/13/building-multi-release-jars-with-maven/
- custom-jlink-plugin: Shows how to customize Java 9 modular runtime images with jlink plug-ins. The example shows a plug-in for adding a Jandex annotation index for one or more modules to the runtime image.
- wildfly-patch-creation: How to create WildFly patch files. Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/05/29/creating-patches-for-wildfly/
If not stated otherwise, the demos are licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (see https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0). Refer to the headers of individual files for specific license and copyright information, in particular of included library files.