The weighted feature-based calculator of phonological similarity
Hi! This is a weighted feature-based calculator of phonological similarity.
Make sure you installed python 3.
Make sure you put 'yourfeaturefile.txt' inside of the master folder
The basic usage is:
- Make your own featurefile 'yourfeaturefile.txt' as what I did in "lezgian.txt". UCLA Pheatures Spreadsheet is a nice tool.
- Choose segmental inventory in UCLA Pheatures Spreadsheet, obtain all features and copy+paste all to a Excel/Numbers/any spreadsheets.
- Export the spreadsheet to a tab-delimited table in .txt file.
- Choose your directory: Type following code in your Command Line tools (Windows) or Terminal (Mac), add your own directory after cd.
cd [your directory]
- Run the python program: Type following code in your Command Line tools or Terminal.
python3 similarity.py yourfeaturefile.txt
The output will be a similarity-matrix.csv file with all the computed similarities.
The easiest way to change the weights of features in the dlist of similarity.py.
- If you want to commit to this program, only similarity.py matters. Other files are kept for my other research purpose.
- Feel free to contact me (hutengdai[*]gmail.com) if you have any questions!