OpenCue is an open source render management system. You can use OpenCue in visual effects and animation production to break down complex jobs into individual tasks. You can submit jobs to a configurable dispatch queue that allocates the necessary computational resources.
OpenCue provides features to manage rendering management at scale:
- Sony Imageworks in-house render manager used on hundreds of films.
- Highly-scalable architecture supporting numerous concurrent machines.
- Tagging systems allow you to allocate specific jobs to specific machine types.
- Jobs are processed on a central render farm and don't rely on the artist's workstation.
- Native multi-threading that supports Katana, Prman, and Arnold.
- Support for multi facility, on-premisses, cloud, and hybrid deployments.
- You can split a host into a large number of procs, each with their own reserved core and memory requirements.
- Integrated automated booking.
- No limit on the number of procs a job can have.
For more information on installing, using, and administering OpenCue, see the Wiki.