Jennifer + Amber sample application
This project is inspired by Ruby on Rails Tutorial sample application.
To get started with the app, clone the repo and then install the needed dependencies:
$ cd /path/to/repos $ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:imdrasil/amber_jennifer_sample_app.git $ cd amber_jennifer_sample_app $ shards $ make setup
The last command copies
./config/database.yml. All database parameters are located in
./config/database.yml - complete them with your own values.
Next do the database setup.
$ make sam db:setup
This will automatically create development database, run all migrations and populate seeds.
To start a dev server just run:
$ amber watch
This is the lists of top-level application dependencies.
- amber - web framework used to build this application;
- jennifer - ORM with DB migrating tool;
- sam - task/script manager (is used only for some commands - Amber provides own CLI);
- pg - PostgreSQL driver;
- carbon - email library;
- citrine-i18n - Amber library for parsing translation local for I18n from request headers;
- form_object - library provides Form Object pattern - allows to move all parameter parsing and data validating logic outside of models and controllers;
- pager - simple pagination library;
- view_model - View-Model layer - allows to encapsulate all view-related logic in a separate classes and brings HTML helper methods.
- email_opener - opens all sent emails in a browser tab;
- garnet_spec - library to perform system and controller tests for a web framework.
- implement "Remember me* using cookies
- cover functionality with tests
- 404 and 500 pages; "rescue from" functionality
- Fork it ( https://github.com/imdrasil/test/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- imdrasil Roman Kalnytskyi - creator, maintainer