Reactotron is a powerful debugger for React and React Native applications. It provides an easy-to-use interface for developers to monitor their application's state, network requests, and performance metrics and can be used for any size of project, from small personal apps to large-scale enterprise applications. The OG debugger at Infinite Red that we use on a day-to-day basis to build client apps. Additionally, Reactotron is completely open source and free to use, making it an invaluable tool for developers at all levels of experience.
We recommend that you watch Darin Wilson's talk at Chain React: Chain React 2018: Debugging and Beyond with Reactotron!
Use Reactotron to:
- view your application state
- show API requests & responses
- perform quick performance benchmarks
- subscribe to parts of your application state
- display messages similar to
- track global errors with source-mapped stack traces including saga stack traces!
- dispatch actions like a government-run mind control experiment
- hot swap your app's state using Redux or mobx-state-tree
- track your sagas
- show image overlay in React Native
- track your Async Storage in React Native
You plug it into your app as a dev dependency so it adds nothing to your product builds.
Reactotron on the left, demo React Native app on the right.
On the Releases page, you can find the latest version of:
- macOS (x64 & arm64)
- Linux (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
How to setup Reactotron in our app
How to use Reactotron's features/plugins
- Track Global Errors
- Track Global Logs
- Async Storage
- React Native MMKV
- Open in Editor
- Storybook (only for React Native)
reactotron-react-nativeships with Storybook. This enables you to switch to Storybook from the Reactotron app.
- Custom Commands
Tips and Tricks
Want to contribute? Here are some helpful reading materials:
Reactotron, as an open source project, is free to use and always will be. Infinite Red offers premium React and React Native mobile app design/development services. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch for more details.