The storage implementations no longer write the
parentSpanIDfield to storage (#856).
If you are upgrading to this version, you must upgrade query service first!
It is no longer necessary to specify the binary name when passing flags to containers.
For example, to execute the
helpcommand of the collector, instead of
$ docker run -it --rm jaegertracing/jaeger-collector /go/bin/collector-linux help
$ docker run -it --rm jaegertracing/jaeger-collector help
When submitting spans in Thrift format to HTTP endpoint
formatargument is no longer required, but the Content-Type header
must be set to "application/vnd.apache.thrift.binary".
The collectors can be configured to write spans to Kafka for further data mining.
It is no longer necessary (but still possible) to pass the path to UI static assets
to jaeger-query and jaeger-standalone binaries.
First step towards switching to Protobuf and gRPC.
- [ES storage] Log number of total and failed requests (#902) by Tomasz Adamski (@tmszdmsk)
- [ES storage] Do not log requests on error (#901) by Tomasz Adamski (@tmszdmsk)
- [ES storage] Do not exceed ES _id length limit (#905) by Łukasz Harasimowicz (@harnash) and Tomasz Adamski (@tmszdmsk)
- Add cassandra index filter (#876) by Won Jun Jang (@black-adder)
- Close span writer in standalone (#863) (4 weeks ago) by Pavol Loffay (@pavolloffay)
- Log configuration options for memory storage (#852) (6 weeks ago) by Juraci Paixão Kröhling (@jpkrohling)
- Update collector metric counters to have a name (#886) by Won Jun Jang (@black-adder)
- Add CONTRIBUTING_GUIDELINES.md (#864) by (@PikBot)