eJOSH is a custom CMS. eJOSH is ruby on rails application that comes with a list of pre-defined layouts and color themes and it is ready to use to build your website or to use for your intranet with it's available plugins (employee management, Leave management, Timesheet management, etc..) and it has built in user management (with 3 different roles).
It has built in dynamic sitemap generation for SEO compliance. Capistrano default configuration is included that can be modified to fit your needs.
Steps to deploy and build sites
1. Clone the project
git clone git://github.com/joshsoftware/ejosh.git
2. Install submodules
git submodule init git submodule update
3. Modify config/deploy.rb as per your need
4. Deploy using cap deploy:cold (capistrano will deploy along with the submodules)
5. Invoke the url http://:/admin
6. default user/password is admin/joshsoftware
7. Configure the site by selecting "Site Configuration" menu
8. Select layout and color from "Customize Layout"
9. Go to "Content Management" to define content for the site
- Page Sections are like partials that can reused in any categories or pages. - You can define tags to appear as tag clouds - You define a category which can appear as sub-menus in a page - You define page with meta tag keywords and add categories and/or page section to page
10. Go to "Navigation Management"
- You can define what do be shown on header navigation bar and associate each item to a page. - You similarly do it for footer - Some of the layout have a provision for quick link you can define those as well. - You add the crawler codes that should be part of all of you pages (like google urchin) for SEO