…me whitespace issues
Using the following coding standard makes the CSS much more readable and easier to handle (e.g. copying and pasting or commenting rules) and also makes it easier to identify the differences between commits:
Used cleaner alternatives for .ui-helper-hidden-accessible and .ui-helper-clearfix and moved .ui-helper-zfix over to a new css file (jquery.ui.ancient.css) to separate IE6-only fixes from the rest to make it easier to remove them.
* moved .ui-datepicker-cover to IE6-only styles
* moved opacity filters for .ui-priority-secondary, .ui-state-disabled and .ui-widget-shadow to new css file for non-latest browsers (jquery.ui.legacy.css) as they enhance the usability but are not essential
* only left opacity filter for .ui-widget-overlay as removing this would make the overlay unusable in IEs<9
* moved all occurrences of zoom to the IE6-only styles
* except one style was also for IE7: changed '.ui-menu .ui-menu-item a' to use min-height instead
* moved workaround for .ui-autocomplete to IE6-only styles
* moved star hack for .ui-button to non-latest styles and changed invalid hack into valid hack
The general (.ui-widget) font-size shouldn't be part of the core CSS (so, removed in a3b2ad3), but should be set if needed by the user. As the demos set a body font-size of 62.5%, the original 1.1em make sense in there.