A campfire plugin for Pidgin, Adium and other libpurple based messengers.
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential make libpurple-dev git-core $ git clone git://github.com/jrfoell/campfire-libpurple.git $ cd campfire-libpurple $ sudo make $ sudo make install
And now, restart Pidgin.
Now that it installed, here’s how to configure it for your account:
- Open “Manage Accounts”.
- Click “New…”
- Select the “Campfire” protocol.
- Enter your username and the hostname of your campfire server.
- Get an API key from the “my info” link on your campfire server’s web interface. (In short: use a web browser to get this info.)
- Enter the API key in the “Advanced” tab.
- Save the account.
Theoretically, you should now be able to chat on Campfire using Pidgin. Here’s how to join a room:
- In the Pidgin Buddy List, select menu item Buddies > “Join a chat…”
- Select the “Campfire” protocol from the dropdown list.
- Click “Room List” to get a list of rooms available on your Campfire server.
- Select the room you wish to join, then click “Join Room”. A new chat window should open up to that room.
- You may have to close the “Join a chat” dialog box.
- guitarmanvt - this help