Let Django play well with AngularJS
What does it offer?
Add AngularJS directives to Django Forms. This allows to handle client side form validation using the constraints provided by the server side Form declaration.
For more information, please visit the demo site.
How to run
git clone https://github.com/jrief/django-angular.git django-angular.git cd django-angular.git docker build -t django-angular.git . docker run -d -it -p 9002:9002 django-angular.git
Open the application at
To be compliant with other libraries such as djangorestframework, server-side responses on rejected forms use error code 422, rather than 200. If you use your own form controllers, adopt them accordingly. The JSON format used to communicate errors downstream has changed slightly.
For a smoother transition path, django-angular added two directives in version 2.0:
<form djng-endpoint="/path/to/endpoint">...</form>, which can be used to upload form
data to the server. It also populates the error fields, in case the server rejected some data.
<djng-forms-set endpoint="/path/to/endpoint"><form ...>...</form>...</djng-forms-set>
Similar to the above directive, but rather than validating one single form, it validates a
set of forms using one shared endpoint.
A promise chain has been introduced. Buttons used to submit form data and then proceed with something else, now can be written as:
Detailed documentation on ReadTheDocs.
Demo on how to combine Django with Angular's form validation.
Please drop me a line, if and where you use this project.
- Seamless integration of Django forms with AngularJS controllers.
- Client side form validation for Django forms using AngularJS.
- Manage Django URLs for static controller files.
- Three way data binding to connect AngularJS models with a server side message queue.
- Perform basic CRUD operations.
- Implement Filter On Single Page Application using Django & Angular JS https://shriniket.home.blog/2019/09/22/integrate-angular-js-with-django-filter-application/
Copyright © 2019