A simple agent-based free market simulator engine.
This engine consists of various "Agents" trading commodities, with emergent free-floating prices that rise and fall according to the laws of supply and demand.
The eventual goal is to create an open-source "Economics engine" for games and simulations, much like contemporary open-source "Physics engines."
Based on "Emergent Economies for Role Playing Games" by Jonathon Doran and Ian Parberry.
Source: Procedural Content Generation
Building the example project
- Read this: Getting Started with OpenFL
- Install Haxe and OpenFL and everything according to the above instructions
- Install the
hscriptlibrary (a dependency of bazaarBot):
haxelib install hscript
- Clone this repo somewhere on your hard-drive, let's call that
- On the command line type
haxelib dev bazaarbot path/to/bazaarbotto add bazaarbot as a Haxe library.
- Open a command-line, navigate to
lime build flashto compile for flash
lime build windowsto compile for cpp/windows (or
lime build macor
lime build linux, etc)
lime build html5to compile for html5
- Binary executables will appear in the
lime testinstead of
lime buildif you want to build AND immediately run the result.