Twitter card markup for Easy Digital Downloads
Adds Twitter card markup for EDD downloads, maximizing the impact of tweets about your product.
- Install, and activate the plugin, just as you would any other WordPress plugin.
- Once activated, the plugin goes straight to work, no setup, no manual adjustment of templates - twitter card meta tags will be added to your product pages.
- Before cards will show up on twitter, you'll have to validate your tags using the online validator.
- Once you've received confirmation that your site has been whitelisted you should be good to go.
What information is sent?
The plugin sets the following elements:
- Your site's title, pulled direct for WordPress' settings.
- The product title.
- A short excerpt, pulled from your download's excerpt.
- twitter:label1 / data1
- Your product's price - accepts free, single price, and variable price products.
- twitter:label2 / data2
- The product's categories, comma separated if there are multiple.
Can I change the information sent?
Yes, there is a WordPress filter called edd_twitter_cards_meta that gets passed the default set of generated content and the download post so you can override whichever elements you want.
Is the plugin translatable?
I'm afraid not - patches welcome :)
Where can I get support?
I can't provide any support for this plugin unless it's on a paid-for basis. If you do wish to go ahead, please get in touch via my contact form.