Liquibase helps millions of developers track, version, and deploy database schema changes. It will help you to:
- Control database schema changes for specific versions
- Eliminate errors and delays when releasing databases
- Automatically order scripts for deployment
- Easily rollback changes
- Collaborate with tools you already use
This repository contains the main source code for Liquibase Open Source. For more information about the product, see the Liquibase website.
Liquibase Automation and Integrations
Liquibase Open Source has built-in support for a variety of databases. Databases that are not part of Liquibase Open Source require extensions that you can download for free. Here is the full list of supported databases.
Liquibase can be integrated with Maven, Ant, Gradle, Spring Boot, and other CI/CD tools. For a full list, see Liquibase Tools & Integrations. You can use Liquibase with GitHub Actions, Spinnaker, and many different workflows.
Install and Run Liquibase
Liquibase system requirements can be found on the Download Liquibase page.
An H2 in-memory database example for CLI
- Download and run the appropriate installer.
- Make sure to add Liquibase to your PATH.
- Copy the included
examplesdirectory to the needed location.
- Open your CLI and navigate to your
- Start the included H2 database with the
liquibase init start-h2command.
- Run the
- Run the
liquibase historycommand to see what has executed!
See also how to get started with Liquibase in minutes or refer to our Installing Liquibase documentation page for more details.
Visit the Liquibase Documentation website to find the information on how Liquibase works.
Learn all about Liquibase by taking our free online courses at Liquibase University.
Want to help?
Want to file a bug or improve documentation? Excellent! Read up on our guidelines for contributing!
Use our step-by-step instructions for contributing code to the Liquibase open source project.
Join the Liquibase Community
Earn points for your achievements and contributions, collect and show off your badges, add accreditations to your LinkedIn. Learn more about the pathway to Legend and benefits. Enjoy being part of the community!
Provide more database support and features for Liquibase.
Liquibase Open Source is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
Liquibase Pro and Liquibase Enterprise, with additional features and support, are commercially licensed.
LIQUIBASE is a registered trademark of Liquibase Inc.
Get Support & Advanced Features
Publish Release Manual Trigger to Sonatype
- When a PO (Product Owner) or a Team Leader navigates to Publish a release from here -> https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/releases/new, the workflow from /workflow/release-published.yml job is triggered.
- When a release is triggered, the workflow file will stop after
Setupstep and an email will be sent out to the list of
approversmentioned in job
manual_trigger_deployment. You can click on the link and perform anyone of the options mentioned in description.
- A minimum of 2 approvers are needed in order for the other jobs such as
publish_to_github_packages, etc to be executed.
- When you view the GitHub PR, make sure to verify the version which is being published. It should say something like
Deploying v4.20.0 to sonatype