I've had this mental image for a long time, I can finally share it, made with inkscape.
Some additional links
I/O, transformation, analysis
- rasterio: Read, write and transform raster data
- fiona: Read and write vector data
- xarray: N-D labeled arrays and datasets in Python
- shapely: Manipulation and analysis of geometric objects in the Cartesian plane
- pyproj: Performs cartographic transformations and geodetic computations
- geopandas: Spatial extension of pandas
- descartes: Plotting of spatial objects with matplotlib
- fiolum: Interactive visualization of spatial objects with leaflet
- geoalchemy2: The spatial ORM
- Django gis extension: Not represented in the overview image above, but another handy option to interact with spatial databases.