Post-exploitation network mapping
The purpose of this tool is to produce a network diagram by collating network information gathered on remote hosts.
- Log on host A as any user
- Dump some network information e.g. routing table, ARP table, traceroute
- Feed the dumps to this tool
- Go to another host
- Dump network information
- Ultimately, this tool produces a network diagram showing all hosts reachable from your compromised nodes.
Result (work in progress, but you get the idea):
Please note that this is WORK IN PROGRESS and it needs some work to parse e.g. routing tables, etc. If you feel like helping, please take a look here
You'll need a fairly recent Python version with setuptools.
Set up a virtualenv:
virtualenv venv source venv/bin/activate
Install the required libraries:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Run the tool passing the path of a network dump on the command line:
python networkmap samples/arp/windows_7_arp.txt
Then every subsequent run will grow the knowledge about the network (saved into the
# note that with traceroute you need to specify the IP of the host python networkmap samples/traceroute/linux_traceroute.txt --ip 126.96.36.199
How to see the result
-Hswitch to automatically run Python's
SimpleHTTPServerafter each successful run (don't forget to point your browser to
python networkmap samples/arp/linux_arp.txt --ip 188.8.131.52 -H
If you just want to serve the content of this directory use this command:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer
WARNING don't run the second method on an untrusted network as it will serve the entire content of the local directory to ANYONE as it listens to 0.0.0.0 rather than 127.0.0.1.
If you want to automatically generate graphs (by default: yes) then you'll need pygraphviz installed. For debian-based systems:
apt-get install pkg-config libgraphviz-dev graphviz-dev graphviz libgraphviz
For RPM based systems:
yum install graphviz graphviz-devel
Weird errors when installing pygraphviz
Undefined symbol: Agundirected
If you get a similar error to this one on a Debian-based system:
File "/home/user/dev/NetworkMap/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygraphviz/graphviz.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper _mod = imp.load_module('_graphviz', fp, pathname, description) ImportError: /home/user/dev/NetworkMap/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygraphviz/_graphviz.so: undefined symbol: Agundirected
Then fix it like that:
pip uninstall graphviz pip install pygraphviz --install-option="--include-path=/usr/include/graphviz" --install-option="--library-path=/usr/lib/graphviz/"
If you get this error on a Fedora-based system:
gcc: error: /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1: No such file or directory
You need to install redhat-rpm-config. Source: http://stackoverflow.com/a/34641068/204634
P2NMAP (it's a book, comes with source code): https://python-forensics.org/p2nmap/
- Dump into Excel spreadsheet or SQL database?
- Import into Microsoft Visio? https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create-a-detailed-network-diagram-by-using-external-data-in-Visio-Professional-1d43d1a0-e1ac-42bf-ad32-be436411dc08#bm2
- Graphviz can also do clustering? http://www.graphviz.org/Gallery/undirected/gd_1994_2007.html
- Graphviz and network maps (icons are a bit ugly tho): http://www.graphviz.org/Gallery/undirected/networkmap_twopi.html
- For manual graphs (meh) - requires probably generating an output properly formatted like XML. Pain to maintain: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/521280-i-need-software-that-make-my-whole-network-diagram-automatically