Rails Workflow Engine
Rails Workflow allows you to organize your application business logic by joining user- and auto- operations in processes. You can configure, create and manage processes to easily build project management systems, sales / product provisioning systems, ERP, CMS, etc.
Rails Workflow is mountable Rails engine and can be mounted to any Rails application.
All processes, configurations, operations and their data is persisted for processing and supporting purposes. Engine has UI to configure process templates and manage existing processes.
- It is mountable rails engine.
- Allows to configure process and operation templates.
- Allows to configure syncronous and asyncronous operations.
- Allows to run operations in background
- Provides operations exceptions/errors monitoring and management.
- Allows to build hierarchical synchronous and asynchronous processes.
- Allows to split process implementation to operations isolating logic.
- Allows to reuse operations in different processes.
- Every operation runs in it's own transaction and has separate context.
- Process may be canceled, manually changed, rolled back, reset to any specific operation.
- Allow to track operations flow and their context, errors, user activities etc.
- It has UI for processes configuration and management.
- UI is bootstrapped and can be easily changed to fit main rails application design.
You can find tutorials and documentation here
Add to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
$ bundle install
and mount it to /workflow routes:
Rails.application.routes.draw do ... mount RailsWorkflow::Engine => '/workflow', as: 'workflow' ... end
Generate all models:
$ rails generate rails_workflow:install $ bundle exec rake db:migrate
I am developing this engine using PostgreSQL database. In case if you using MySQL, add following to your config/initializers/workflow.rb file:
RailsWorkflow.setup do |config| config.sql_dialect= 'mysql' end
Help and support
Feel free to contact me if you have some questions or need some help.