SmartNewWindow is a Sublime Text plugin that combines 3 commands in one keybinding:
- New workspace for the project
- New workspace for the open folders
- New window
Picking the appropriate one is based on the context:
- If there is an open project, a new workspace is created.
- If there is no open project but there are open folders, then the unsaved workspace is replicated (only folders). Sublime Text doesn't offer this natively.
- Otherwise an empty window is created.
The keybinding is CtrlShiftN for Windows/Linux and ⌘⇧N for OS X.
You can install the plugin via
- Package Manager by searching
git clone https://github.com/maliayas/SublimeText_SmartNewWindow.git SmartNewWindow
- Downloading the zip of the repo and extracting into
For customizing the keybinding, you can use the
Preferences > Package Settings > Smart New Window menu.
SmartNewWindow is released under the MIT License.