Documentation available: http://matplotlib.org/cmocean/.
We have a paper with guidelines to colormap selection for your application and a description of the
Thyng, K. M., Greene, C. A., Hetland, R. D., Zimmerle, H. M., & DiMarco, S. F. (2016). True colors of oceanography. Oceanography, 29(3), 10.
Besides Python, the cmocean colormaps are also available:
- For MATLAB by Chad Greene
- For R: Oce oceanographic analysis package by Dan Kelley and Clark Richards
- For Ocean Data Viewer
- For Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) at cpt-city and on github
- For Paraview inspired by Phillip Wolfram
- In Plotly
- Chad Greene's Antarctic Mapping Tools in Matlab uses
- For Tableau as a preferences file on github
- For ImageJ as LUTs
pip install cmocean
To install with Anaconda:
conda install -c conda-forge cmocean
If you want to be able to use the
plots submodule, you can instead install with:
pip install "cmocean[plots]"
which will also install