- Mark Dingemanse, Centre for Language Studies, Radboud University (corresponding author)
- Bill D. Thompson, Princeton University
Open data, analyses & supplementary materials for a paper on the relation between funniness and iconicity.
- playful_iconicity_paper.md : contains all analyses
Subsidiary Python scripts:
- expand-intersection.py : expands intersection between norm sets
- benchmark-prediction.py : benchmarks predictions
- tag-letter-entropy.py : computes letter entropy
- impute-from-monomorphemic.py : imputes norms from just monomorphemic words
- experimental-and-imputed-norms-for-funniness-iconicity-logletterfreq.csv: main data file
- other files in data as referenced in the main analyses
The most crucial packages in our pipeline are
car; full list is here.