The microbit playground website is built from these repositories on github:
- Program section [repository]
- Components section [repository]
- Blog posts section [repository]
- How to section [repository]
You can add a page to the website by adding to the repository.
This repository is checked out at build time. There is a
draft branch and a
publish branch. All changes should be made to the
See the page on the website. Submissions are welcome.
Submit an issue if you have an idea for an article.
A Contribution Should...
- Not contain fixes or additions to existing articles; please use 'Issues'.
- Be a pull request to the
- Have a
.pngteaser image in
- all filename prefixed by the name of the name of the main of the
- Update the Image Licensing section of this README.
- Licensed images used are mentioned in the
YAMLfrontmatter of the
.mdfile in the
acknowledgementsfield if required.
- Nothing too spammy or marketty or Google juicy.
- For public attribution on the website, add your name and details to the author repository.
A Brief Note
Github is very rude! I do not mean the people but github.com. Picture the scene: you spend an age writing an article and are filled with pride and goodness about helping kids & adults learn. When I review and start to edit it, rejected or changes requested appears!
Perhaps this works fine in some areas but I know there is an emotional attachment when writing learning resources.
So please, do please translate these message from robot into Human.
Files in Repository
The website's pages are generated from
.md files in the main directory. The name of each
.md file has a corresponding image in
/teaser/ of the same name.
/images/-- Images used in the article.
/teaser/-- Directory for teaser images & video.
/teaser/card-- Generated images sizes.
/KITCHENSINK.md-- Examples for fomatting.
Each submission is covered by the CC-BY-NC 3.0 licence. You retain copyright but allows the website to use it (but not make money).
|8ball||frankleleon||CC BY 2.0|
|counter||Linda Spashett||CC BY 3.0|
|button||Stahlkocher||CC BY 3.0|
|bauble||Geek Fish||None [^1]|
|snowflake||Geek Fish||None [^2]|
- [^1]: Used with permission of author.
- [^2]: Used with permission of author.