CSSViewer is a simple CSS property viewer for Google chrome originally made by Nicolas Huon as a FireFox addon.
CSSViewer is available at Google Chrome Webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cssviewer/ggfgijbpiheegefliciemofobhmofgce
How to use
To enable/disable CSSViewer, simply click the toolbar icon and then hover any element you want to inspect in the current page.
Copyright & License?
Whell, it's GPLv2, but please bear with me, this is quite a story..
CSSViewer was created by Nicolas Huon as a FireFox addon, but unfortunately, the original code source comes with NO SPECIFIC LICENSE or COPYRIGHT.
I attempted to contact Nicolas to ask for permission but to no avail, furthermore, the FireFox add-on seems abandoned since June 2008. Believing that CSSViewer is a great resource for web developers and web designers alike, I made a CSSViewer port to Google Chrome on March 2010, and on February 2013, I decided to release the code under the terms of the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2 (GPLv2), so his original work would benefit the whole world and remain free.
If by any change, you happen to be Nicolas and reading this, or that you know him on person, please contact me. As the orginal author he reserves all the right to TAKE OVER or TAKE DOWN both the Github fork and the extention on Google Chrome webstore.
- CSSViewer will not work in any opened tabs before installing it nor in the Google chrome store (This is how google roll :)
- The style may broke sometimes depending on the site you are surfing.
- 1.6 - 11/2014 - Add inspect element to menu. Add generate css definition. Fix few issues with auto-positioning. reFix an issue with chrome/38.
- 1.5 - 10/2015 - Hotfix an issue with Chrome/38.0.2125.101.
- 1.4 - 02/2013: A bunch of minor changes in order to release CSSViewer as an open source project.
- 1.3 - 08/2011: Support some CSS3 properties under the "Effects' category.
- 1.2 - 07/2011: Fix some minor bugs.
- 1.1 - 03/2010: Initial version.