PHP5 Markdown Wiki
A simple Git-backed wiki built around the standard PHP Markdown class. Main features:
- All content is Markdown.
- Supports change history and comparison between all versions of a page.
- Simple interface.
- Internationalized (thanks to @seth--).
Currently available translations:
- English (@seth--)
- Bulgarian (@mitio)
- A PHP-enabled *NIX webserver (Windows is not currently supported).
- A filesystem to store pages on (not suitable for cloud-based platforms with ephemeral filesystems).
- Optional: Git, to support page history and versions comparison.
- No database backend required.
Just checkout the Git repository of the project in a location which is accessible via your PHP-enabled web server. You can use the wiki even without Git. Git is required only if you want to preserve the history of changes on a page and to be able to compare different page revisions.
Currently this wiki doesn't support running on Windows-based servers.
If you need the history support, make sure you have Git installed and available somewhere in your webserver's
$PATH. The wiki tries hard to look for the Git binary even if it is not in
$PATH. Locations checked for the
git command include, in this order:
- All paths in
$PATH. This is the
PATHenvironment variable, available to the PHP interpreter, running the wiki. In most cases, this
PATHwill be inherited from your Apache (or other webserver) processs.
Use this project at your own risk.
This project was originally initiated by Mike Davies (http://github.com/isofarro — see the fork info).
The first internationalized version was contributed by @seth--.