A notepad for Firefox
Discussion Forum: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/archives/test-pilot
- Step 0: If you plan on sending a pull-request, you should fork the repository.
- Step 1: Clone the notes repository or your fork.
git clone https://github.com/mozilla/notes.git # or git clone https://github.com/[yourusername]/notes.git
- Step 2: Navigate to the root of the directory you cloned and run:
Make sure to use Node.js 8+.
||Installs required Node.js dependencies.|
||Builds the application as a Web Extension.|
||Launches Firefox with the Web Extension.|
You can also open the
test/index.html file in your browser to run the automated tests.
||Used for "Send to Note" feature, sends text from pages to the Notes sidebar.|
||Storage for Notes.|
||OAuth login to Firefox Accounts to sync your notes.|
See RELEASE.md for release steps.
Firefox Notes localization is managed via Pontoon, not direct pull requests to the repository. If you want to fix a typo, add a new language, or simply know more about localization, please get in touch with the existing localization team for your language, or Mozilla’s l10n-drivers for guidance.
- Design for reference: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/6VBUYHMRB#/281041484_Firefox_Notes
- Mobile design for reference: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/BTGS26C2FE4