Ruby WebSocket Client
Implementation of WebSocket client in ruby to talk to WebSockets server. It was developed primarily as a tool to test basic protocol conformance of a WebSocket server.
The client includes some basic tests to check websocket framing, fragmentation and compression (more details in the spec folder).
The client assumes that the server under test support several subprotocols.
- lws-mirror-protocol (copies any received packet to every connection also using this protocol, including the sender)
- dumb-increment-protocol (send incrementing ASCII string every 0.5 second)
- org.ietf.websocket.test-echo-assemble (echo messages after assembling all fragments)
- org.ietf.websocket.test-echo-fragment (echo frames randomly fragmented)
- org.ietf.websocket.test-produce (produce messages of random size and fragmentation)
Check out the contents of the /spec folder for usage examples.
The MIT License - Copyright (c) 2011 Mikhail Platov