FullCalendar is great for displaying events, but it isn't a complete solution for event content-management. Beyond dragging an event to a different time/day, you cannot change an event's name or other associated data. It is up to you to add this functionality through FullCalendar's event hooks.
This project demonstrates a Workshop Manager app that builds out that missing functionality.
Other open-source libraries used
- jQueryUI Dialog to open a dialog for editing all of the event details.
- Abide Validation to validate user-entered data.
- Foundation Grid for responsive design.
- Foundation Off Canvas to slide in the event details view on small mobile devices.
- fastclick and jQuery UI Touch Punch to handle touch events.
Set up for development
Grunt is used to build the app from the source files.
To install the project dependencies after downloading the source files
$ npm install
To run the development environment
In a terminal window
$ grunt build_watch
This triggers the build process when source files change.
In another terminal window
$ grunt preview
This serves the site on http://localhost:8000