#Hello Java in Resin.io
This project installs Open JDK 7 (JRE7 included) which allows you to execute Java applications on Resin.io.
This is a very simple project that is an example of how to run Java code on a Raspberry Pi.
You can build and deploy your code on the Raspberry Pi. Other JDK versions are also supported.
- You can use command CMD ["javac", "sourceFile"] to build the java source separately but with current raspbian image this command is not supported.
The recipe for this project is as follows:
- A Raspberry Pi and USB -> micro USB cable for power.
- Java source file
Resin.io Setup & Deployment
- If you haven't got a Resin.io alpha account, visit alpha.resin.io and sign up.
- Start a new applicaton on Resin.io download the .zip file, format the SD card in FAT32 and extract it to your SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Raspberry Pi, power it up using the micro-usb cable and connect to the Internet.
- After about 10 minutes your new device should show up on your application dashboard.
- You can now clone the Hello.Java repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/nghiant2710/Hello-Java.git
Then add the resin remote:
$ git remote add resin email@example.com:<myUserName>/<myApplicationName>.git
And finally push the code to your Raspberry Pi:
$ git push resin master
Now you can enjoy Java code on Resin.io.